If you have a denture that feels loose or uncomfortable, there is a solution that can make it more stable and functional. Implant-supported dentures are over-dentures that are fixed to your gums through mini implants. These implants are placed in your jawbone and firmly anchored to the surrounding bone. Attachments are then placed on the underside of your denture, connecting it to the implants. Once in your mouth, the denture snaps onto the implants, providing stability and security.
What are the benefits of dentures supported by mini implants?
- Choosing implant-supported dentures can boost your confidence in social situations, allowing you to speak, laugh, and eat without fear of your teeth slipping or falling out.
- Implant-supported dentures provide a higher comfort as they are securely attached and feel like natural teeth. Additionally, there is a reduced risk of gum tissue irritation, a common issue among patients with traditional dentures resulting in painful canker sores.
- Wearing dentures with implants can give a more natural appearance since they require less plastic for retention. Additionally, this can help prevent long-term jaw shrinkage and bone loss, improving your overall appearance.
- If you have conventional dentures, you may experience difficulty speaking clearly, including slurred speech and clicking noises. However, implant-supported dentures can provide a solution that allows you to easily talk, using a more natural and clear voice.
- The great thing about implant-supported dentures is that there’s no need to use denture adhesives.